Planet Emulation Forums

Planet Emulation Forums (https://forums.planetemu.net/index.php)
-   Emulateurs Arcade (https://forums.planetemu.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MAMEUI is dead!! And now? What we gonna do? (https://forums.planetemu.net/showthread.php?t=16965)

Tonysbo 12/10/2022 14h26

MAMEUI is dead!! And now? What we gonna do?

Hello guys from planetemu, as read on this site,

JhonIV will not develop other version of MaMeUI from now on ...soo from 248 on....

Then...Which is the best alternative emulator to play the updates in the future?

I ask you to choose the best one and above all an emulator not soo heavy and difficult to work on a normal PC notebook...

so an emulator that can spare some resources on the pc that are not very fast. To avoid slowdowns...ecc..ecc..

Maybe Arcade 248 is good...but i read also than this will not be updated often right?

Thank you for the patience!!

Firebrand 13/10/2022 11h51

JohnIV hasn't really worked on MAMEUI for a couple of years: build were compiled by Robbert, the same who maintain ARCADE or HBMAME.
And yes, ARCADE won't be updated until there is some significant improvement in the arcade department.

As far as I know, there is no alternative for the moment. Robbert hasn't removed MAMEUI/MESS/MESSUI sources yet. Other developpers have until the end of the month to grab them to take the mantle (they may be saved on ProgettoSNAPS, though).

From v0.248 on, you'll have to use an external frontend. GameEx, BletchMAME, mGalaxy, Emu Loader... there is no shortage of them.
Or use the one in MAME command line version (not as confortable as MAMEUI, but it exists).

Tonysbo 14/10/2022 12h31

Thank you Firebrand for the reply.
I did not know about Robbert work on the MaMeUI.
So there will be the chance that other developers continue the works on maMeUI?
And which is the lightest front end to use with mame? Maybe BletchMame? Is it dedicated to mame?
Thank you!

Firebrand 18/10/2022 03h48

Light frontends? Not sure, I'm not a expert of them. IV/Play, Mame Classic, QMC2 should be light enough. These are MAME only. Download a few and select the ones you like the more.
Frontends like GameEx, Emu Loader, or mGalaxy are multi-systems, with more features and probably much heavier.

Tonysbo 21/10/2022 17h16

Thank you for your reply again Firebrand. I was sure that the multisystem frontend would all be heavy and difficult for old Notebook.
Soo...

IV/Play and Mame Classic, that seems the best, will continue to be updated with the future mame romset?
I mean for example, they will be able to read the new roms when will be available the 250 romset or 252 romset ecc.ecc.

Can they working also with the aimtrak lightguns?

i never use them

Thank you!!

Firebrand 23/10/2022 04h56

Citation:

Envoyé par Tonysbo (Message 293523)
Thank you for your reply again Firebrand. I was sure that the multisystem frontend would all be heavy and difficult for old Notebook.

I guess their requirements are pretty low. GameEx was originally made for Windows XP Media Center Edition. So, unless you have a 20 years old notebook you should be able to at least try some without issues if you want.
And even so... the only time I have really tried a frontend was on a 2004 notebook: GameEx was behaving fine on it.
It just depends if your needs are basic and basic frontends suit you, or if you prefer to have more features. Up to you, but if you're curious, don't hesitate to give a try.

Citation:

IV/Play and Mame Classic, that seems the best, will continue to be updated with the future mame romset?

IV/Play hasn't been updated in a while. Mame Classic usually updates when it becomes not compatible with a new MAME version.
For the game list, I'm pretty sure frontends get it from the MAME executable itself, so you shouldn't worry about this.

Citation:

Can they working also with the aimtrak lightguns?

Frontends just launch games. They don't manage this kind of things. MAME should be compatible with lightguns though.

Fuseau horaire GMT +2. Il est actuellement 23h35.

vBulletin® v.3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.