Afficher un message
Vieux 23/10/2022, 04h56   #6
Firebrand
Membre de la Team

Firebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieux
Envoyer un message via ICQ à Firebrand Envoyer un message via AIM à Firebrand Envoyer un message via MSN à Firebrand Envoyer un message via Yahoo à Firebrand
Citation:
Envoyé par Tonysbo Voir le message
Thank you for your reply again Firebrand. I was sure that the multisystem frontend would all be heavy and difficult for old Notebook.
I guess their requirements are pretty low. GameEx was originally made for Windows XP Media Center Edition. So, unless you have a 20 years old notebook you should be able to at least try some without issues if you want.
And even so... the only time I have really tried a frontend was on a 2004 notebook: GameEx was behaving fine on it.
It just depends if your needs are basic and basic frontends suit you, or if you prefer to have more features. Up to you, but if you're curious, don't hesitate to give a try.

Citation:
IV/Play and Mame Classic, that seems the best, will continue to be updated with the future mame romset?
IV/Play hasn't been updated in a while. Mame Classic usually updates when it becomes not compatible with a new MAME version.
For the game list, I'm pretty sure frontends get it from the MAME executable itself, so you shouldn't worry about this.

Citation:
Can they working also with the aimtrak lightguns?
Frontends just launch games. They don't manage this kind of things. MAME should be compatible with lightguns though.