Précédent   Planet Emulation Forums > Emulation > Emulateurs Arcade

Emulateurs Arcade Perdu dans l'utilisation des émulateurs de systèmes d'arcade? Ce forum est fait pour vous!

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 12/10/2022, 15h26   #1
Tonysbo
Nouveau Membre

Tonysbo sait se tenir
Icon3 MAMEUI is dead!! And now? What we gonna do?

Hello guys from planetemu, as read on this site,

JhonIV will not develop other version of MaMeUI from now on ...soo from 248 on....

Then...Which is the best alternative emulator to play the updates in the future?

I ask you to choose the best one and above all an emulator not soo heavy and difficult to work on a normal PC notebook...

so an emulator that can spare some resources on the pc that are not very fast. To avoid slowdowns...ecc..ecc..

Maybe Arcade 248 is good...but i read also than this will not be updated often right?

Thank you for the patience!!
Tonysbo est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 13/10/2022, 12h51   #2
Firebrand
Membre de la Team

Firebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieux
Envoyer un message via ICQ à Firebrand Envoyer un message via AIM à Firebrand Envoyer un message via MSN à Firebrand Envoyer un message via Yahoo à Firebrand
JohnIV hasn't really worked on MAMEUI for a couple of years: build were compiled by Robbert, the same who maintain ARCADE or HBMAME.
And yes, ARCADE won't be updated until there is some significant improvement in the arcade department.

As far as I know, there is no alternative for the moment. Robbert hasn't removed MAMEUI/MESS/MESSUI sources yet. Other developpers have until the end of the month to grab them to take the mantle (they may be saved on ProgettoSNAPS, though).

From v0.248 on, you'll have to use an external frontend. GameEx, BletchMAME, mGalaxy, Emu Loader... there is no shortage of them.
Or use the one in MAME command line version (not as confortable as MAMEUI, but it exists).

Dernière modification par Firebrand ; 13/10/2022 à 12h55.
Firebrand est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 14/10/2022, 13h31   #3
Tonysbo
Nouveau Membre

Tonysbo sait se tenir
Thank you Firebrand for the reply.
I did not know about Robbert work on the MaMeUI.
So there will be the chance that other developers continue the works on maMeUI?
And which is the lightest front end to use with mame? Maybe BletchMame? Is it dedicated to mame?
Thank you!
Vieux 18/10/2022, 04h48   #4
Firebrand
Membre de la Team

Firebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieuxFirebrand est précieux
Envoyer un message via ICQ à Firebrand Envoyer un message via AIM à Firebrand Envoyer un message via MSN à Firebrand Envoyer un message via Yahoo à Firebrand
Light frontends? Not sure, I'm not a expert of them. IV/Play, Mame Classic, QMC2 should be light enough. These are MAME only. Download a few and select the ones you like the more.
Frontends like GameEx, Emu Loader, or mGalaxy are multi-systems, with more features and probably much heavier.

Dernière modification par Firebrand ; 23/10/2022 à 05h35.
Firebrand est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 21/10/2022, 18h16   #5
Tonysbo
Nouveau Membre

Tonysbo sait se tenir
Thank you for your reply again Firebrand. I was sure that the multisystem frontend would all be heavy and difficult for old Notebook.
Soo...

IV/Play and Mame Classic, that seems the best, will continue to be updated with the future mame romset?
I mean for example, they will be able to read the new roms when will be available the 250 romset or 252 romset ecc.ecc.

Can they working also with the aimtrak lightguns?

i never use them

Thank you!!
Vieux 23/10/2022, 05h56   #6
Firebrand
Membre de la Team

Citation:
Envoyé par Tonysbo Voir le message
Thank you for your reply again Firebrand. I was sure that the multisystem frontend would all be heavy and difficult for old Notebook.
I guess their requirements are pretty low. GameEx was originally made for Windows XP Media Center Edition. So, unless you have a 20 years old notebook you should be able to at least try some without issues if you want.
And even so... the only time I have really tried a frontend was on a 2004 notebook: GameEx was behaving fine on it.
It just depends if your needs are basic and basic frontends suit you, or if you prefer to have more features. Up to you, but if you're curious, don't hesitate to give a try.

Citation:
IV/Play and Mame Classic, that seems the best, will continue to be updated with the future mame romset?
IV/Play hasn't been updated in a while. Mame Classic usually updates when it becomes not compatible with a new MAME version.
For the game list, I'm pretty sure frontends get it from the MAME executable itself, so you shouldn't worry about this.

Citation:
Can they working also with the aimtrak lightguns?
Frontends just launch games. They don't manage this kind of things. MAME should be compatible with lightguns though.

Utilisateurs regardant la discussion actuelle : 1 (0 membre(s) et 1 invité(s))

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages